Side 7 Quetzal
By Heather A (Heza)

Main Heza Gallery Image: 'Quetzal'

Heather A's Gallery Nav
JimSim.JPG  ‹ Previous Image Next Image ›  deanz.jpg

Quetzal — By Heather A (Heza)  

quetzal.JPG - Click to View Full Size

If this image isn't this artist's original work, or doesn't fall within the site rules, please report it.

Bookmark/Share: Share on Facebook Facebook · Share on Digg Digg This · Share on StumbleUpon StumbleUpon · Del.icio.us Del.icio.us

Quetzal — By Heather A (Heza)  

Image Is For Sale 
Rating: E
Category: Miscellaneous
Classified: Finished Piece
Filesize: 30.00 Kb
Dimensions: 500 x 1024
Uploaded:
  19 Nov 2003 - 17:33 ET
A pretty quetzal bird, done with colored pencils alone! WOO

This image is for sale.
To find out more, contact the artist via e-mail at whitelion42 (at) NOSPAMaol · com

Error: You must be logged in to comment. If you have an account, log in, otherwise, you can create an account and join us!.

Comments & Critiques — Comments: 10  Bronze Star Awards 0   Silver Star Awards 1   Gold Star Awards 0  

OrangeChocobo
20 Jul 2004 - 14:53 ET
606 Comments

Profile · Gallery
Anonymous Comments Disabled - Login To Comment

Great job im glad its not a pigeon lol good luck on all your next art thingys

Error: You must be logged in to comment. If you have an account, log in, otherwise, you can create an account and join us!.

jeaney1
27 Oct 2004 - 20:45 ET
69 Comments

Profile · Gallery

This is really good. I know birds are pretty tuff to draw, and I really like the coloring you used on it.

The problems I notice are the feet look a little small and skinny, Just make the digits a little thicker and it will look like it can support it better. Also, a birds beak doesn't actually come off the front of the face, like a persons nose for example. It's actually set into the face a little and goes back from the front. Think of a mouth in a way, the "split" will actually go back further then the beak. Look at pictures of birds and draw rough sketches of certain parts you have trouble with, like just a beak or a wing. These studies you make can later go into use for other images you draw.

I hope I helped!

Defunct User Account
25 Oct 2015 - 14:19 ET
383 Comments

Private Comment

Defunct User Account
25 Oct 2015 - 14:20 ET
383 Comments

Private Comment

Defunct User Account
25 Oct 2015 - 14:20 ET
383 Comments

Private Comment

Defunct User Account
25 Oct 2015 - 14:21 ET
383 Comments

Private Comment

Defunct User Account
25 Oct 2015 - 14:22 ET
383 Comments

Private Comment

Heza
03 Jan 2005 - 17:10 ET
1 Comment

Profile · Gallery

Private Comment

Defunct User Account
19 Jan 2006 - 14:57 ET
6 Comments

Heehee, it's a lovely bird :D & I like the colours. The texture you created with your pencil & colour pencil blended together gives a good feathery touch~

I think the the top of the quetzal bird's head is a little flat, & like OrangeChocobo mentioned - the beak is in the wrong place.
Bird's are hard to draw xD Keep up the good work!

Weasel_Silver24
Weasel_Silver24
05 Mar 2012 - 12:12 ET
1147 Comments

Profile · Gallery

Nicely done with the feathers. ^_~
Silver Star Award