Forum IndexSite FeedbackNews And Announcements
Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing

Page 3 of 3 :: Viewing 21-23 of 23 1 2 3

BadKarma

BadKarma

Total Posts: 542
Subject: RE: Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing Posted: 31 Jan 2009 - 07:29 ET

Shadowwolf wrote:
So am I the only person who absolutely hates the new layout and doesn't want to upload here anymore because it looks so flashy and bright?

Also, I don't know if it's just me but I can't seem to download a.k.a save-to-file any of my own art in my gallery. It saves every image as a certain clearpixel.gif and is, as it states, a single white pixel, nothing more. It would be grand if someone could tell me if that's normal or not. If normal, then yea I'm definitely not uploading here anymore.

It's a form of image protection. Image protection is something that has been asked for more often than not, and so we have worked hard to provide what we can in that realm.

If you need copies of your own artwork, then we can make arrangements to .zip up your files and send them to the e-mail address we have in your account. All you have to do is use the Questions, Comments, Suggestions link under Help & Support > Report A Problem or the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page.

Otherwise, I'm sorry that the new web design doesn't meet with your approval. We had many complaints about the site being too dark, and so we've tried to meet the goal of lightening it up, without making the site overly flashy.

Version 4.1 is in the works, and with it will come site skins, meaning you'll be able to pick from a variety of colour and graphical schemes, and yes, there will be dark ones in there. You may wish to hold off your hasty retreat until after v4.1 launches. We will be holding a contest for people to help design the new site skins. This would be your chance to have a direct influence on how the site looks, in a way that is pleasing to you.

If not, I wish the best of luck to you.

My Side 7 Gallery | Personal Site
Weasel_Silver24

Weasel_Silver24

Total Posts: 57
Subject: RE: Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing Posted: 03 Feb 2009 - 10:42 ET

I really like the NEW layout of this website, to me it looks soo much better. Before it was rather dark, and kinda gloomy-like. I like how one can hold up to "300" pictures instead of "100". The only thing I kinda miss is the "comment grading" system, getting "between one to ten" account credits.

Beside that, I think the new upgrade is really AWESOME!

P.S.: It would hurt to put how the "Bronze, Silver, and Gold stars" work in giving account credits in the "FAQs" page, so everyone knows about it.
BadKarma

BadKarma

Total Posts: 542
Subject: RE: Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing Posted: 03 Feb 2009 - 11:30 ET

Weasel_Silver24 wrote:
I really like the NEW layout of this website, to me it looks soo much better. Before it was rather dark, and kinda gloomy-like. I like how one can hold up to "300" pictures instead of "100". The only thing I kinda miss is the "comment grading" system, getting "between one to ten" account credits.

I hate to admit it, but that was supposed to be in v4.0. Due to time constraints, it was left out and will be rolled into v4.1.

Beside that, I think the new upgrade is really AWESOME!

P.S.: It would hurt to put how the "Bronze, Silver, and Gold stars" work in giving account credits in the "FAQs" page, so everyone knows about it.

That's a very good idea. I shall put that into the FAQ.

-- BK

My Side 7 Gallery | Personal Site
This Post Has Been Edited 1 Time. - Last Modified: 03 Feb 2009 - 11:31 ET

Page 3 of 3 :: Viewing 21-23 of 23 1 2 3

Forum IndexSite FeedbackNews And Announcements
Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing

Forum Key
No New Posts New Posts
Hot Topic! Hot Topic w/ New Posts
Locked Topic