Update Profile · Private Messages · Manage Watched Threads

Forum IndexSite FeedbackNews And Announcements
Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing

Page 1 of 3 :: Viewing 1-10 of 23 1 2 3

BadKarma

BadKarma

Total Posts: 548
Subject: Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing Posted: 23 Jan 2009 - 11:42 ET

v4.0 Beta Test ends today. So far, everything is looking peachy keen. There were some major issues found and fixed. There were a lot of little minor things found and fixed. And there were a lot of things I realised I had forgotten about, which have been put into place. After today, I'll perform a final checklist walk-through, ensure all the necessary cron jobs are in place, and perform a few tests of the updated migration system (which has had a few extra functions put into place).

Once I'm satisfied with the status of things, v3 will be shut down and backed up. Then, v4.0 will migrate in all the v3 data while it is static, then be moved to a live server filespace, and then turned on. As far as things are looking right now, v4.0 might just be launched before the end of the weekend.

Cross your fingers.

-- BK

My Side 7 Gallery | Personal Site
Anrui

Anrui

Total Posts: 52
Subject: RE: Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing Posted: 24 Jan 2009 - 00:51 ET

That's fantastic! I can't wait for it to launch so I can convince all my friends to join. And have a place to upload my photography where it'll actually be seen, finally.

Consider my fingers crossed Hope it all goes smoothly!
Roadstripe

Roadstripe

Total Posts: 687
Subject: RE: Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing Posted: 24 Jan 2009 - 17:08 ET

We'll be there with bells on.
Navi1101

Navi1101

Total Posts: 101
Subject: RE: Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing Posted: 26 Jan 2009 - 11:22 ET

The new version looks beautiful! ^^ I must admit, I had some non-s7ers shoulder-surfing while I was testing out the beta, and they said it looked so cool that they might just have to join. Aaaaand, it even looks great on a Mac using Firefox. ;)
BadKarma

BadKarma

Subject: RE: Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing Posted: 26 Jan 2009 - 11:37 ET

Navi1101 wrote:
The new version looks beautiful! ^^ I must admit, I had some non-s7ers shoulder-surfing while I was testing out the beta, and they said it looked so cool that they might just have to join. Aaaaand, it even looks great on a Mac using Firefox. ;)

Wicked! I'm happy to hear that.

And thank you very much!

-- BK

Kitsunia

Total Posts: 3
Subject: RE: Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing Posted: 26 Jan 2009 - 13:54 ET

The new layout is astounding. I had completely forgotten about this place until I got an email. I'm excited to try everything out.
BadKarma

BadKarma

Subject: RE: Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing Posted: 26 Jan 2009 - 14:03 ET

Kitsunia wrote:
The new layout is astounding. I had completely forgotten about this place until I got an email. I'm excited to try everything out.

Much appreciated! Thank you!

-- BK

Kitsunemusician

Kitsunemusician

Total Posts: 4
Subject: RE: Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing Posted: 26 Jan 2009 - 14:21 ET

Everything appears ship shape captin karma the new site is smooth sailing so far.

The design is wickedly easy to navigate through and the upload system makes for a lot of easy uploads per pic which really makes S7 stand out more in a crowd when uploading artworks, the structure is good and stable and the design is eyepleasing but not over the top.

Can't wait to see what other goodies are in store for the site in the next upcoming months.
Roadstripe

Roadstripe

Total Posts: 687
Subject: RE: Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing Posted: 27 Jan 2009 - 01:04 ET

It looks excellent, Bad Karma.

I like having the sign-in thingy on the front page. The gallery looks much easier to navigate, too. Upload works great, too.

At first, I couldn't read the text in my account's Overview section unless I highlighted it. Forcing FireFox to reload the page fixed that, so no worries there.

It would be nice if the "Quick Reference" links in the Overview section worked, but I figure that's something you have planned for the future.

Er, why is the word "as.sociated" swear filtered into "acornociated" in one of my comments? --> http://www.side7.com/image.cgim?image_id=329687 Or this forum, for that matter?

Now I have to go around and try to remember everywhere I've posted the URL to Side 7.

Addendum ~ And now I learn how to get to my own gallery in a simple and easy click. Well, feez, that was so easy I easily overlooked it.
This Post Has Been Edited 1 Time. - Last Modified: 27 Jan 2009 - 03:14 ET
Unregistered User

Total Posts: 1188
Subject: RE: Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing Posted: 27 Jan 2009 - 08:09 ET

the new site looks awesome so far
altrhough I cant seem to find the "next page" inthe recernt uploads site.. or isnt there one... >.>

Page 1 of 3 :: Viewing 1-10 of 23 1 2 3

Forum IndexSite FeedbackNews And Announcements
Side 7 v4.0 Beta Testing

Forum Key
No New Posts New Posts
Hot Topic! Hot Topic w/ New Posts
Locked Topic