Side 7 Animated Shorts  
Error: Error in: Library_global::do_standard_query Line 547
Query Execution failed!
Got error 28 from storage engine
SQL Statement -- SELECT user_accounts.*, user_account_personal_info.*, user_account_system_info.*, access_control_list.*, SUM(account_credit_transactions.amount) as account_credits, user_accounts.id as user_account_id, user_account_personal_info.modified_date as personal_info_modified_date FROM user_accounts LEFT JOIN user_account_personal_info ON user_account_personal_info.user_account_id = user_accounts.id LEFT JOIN user_account_system_info ON user_account_system_info.user_account_id = user_accounts.id LEFT JOIN access_control_list ON access_control_list.id = user_accounts.access_control_list_id LEFT JOIN account_credit_transactions ON account_credit_transactions.user_account_id = user_accounts.id WHERE user_accounts.id = ? GROUP BY account_credit_transactions.user_account_id
Parameters -- 4797
Update Profile · Private Messages · Manage Watched Threads

Forum IndexCommunityShameless Plugs
Animated Shorts

Page 1 of 3 :: Viewing 1-10 of 23 1 2 3

Roadstripe

File could not be found or doesn't exist.

Total Posts: 687
Subject: Animated Shorts Posted: 27 Jul 2008 - 23:13 ET

I picked up the latest issue of 3D World and found out about "Fun Down Unda", a 2 minute, 21 second, animated short about a man who tries to pursue his dream of riding in a kangaroo (the man is based on a real person who really wanted to do that). The short was independently made by Jason R. Holt with a number of 3D software.

Warning: the ending may be hit or miss, depending on viewer.

It's a 50 meg file, but those of you with faster connections (or able to idle your computer on dial-up for a few hours) should be all right. Take a look at "Fun Down Unda" here.
Roadstripe

Subject: RE: Animated Shorts Posted: 04 Aug 2008 - 02:26 ET

Here's one from an older issue of 3D World. It's a 42 meg file and lasts 2 minutes, 14 seconds.

Les Pingouins Volent-ils? (Do Penguins Fly?)

This Post Has Been Edited 1 Time. - Last Modified: 04 Aug 2008 - 02:27 ET
Roadstripe

Subject: RE: Animated Shorts Posted: 05 Aug 2008 - 02:42 ET

Another animated short from 3D World. This 24 meg, 2 minute and 22 second short reveals even witches have problems with breaking in newer things.

Daphne's New Broom
Roadstripe

Subject: RE: Animated Shorts Posted: 06 Aug 2008 - 03:30 ET

Here's one that's less of a comedy and more of a music video. 25.6 megs and 3 minutes and 56 seconds.

Tale of Rock
Roadstripe

Subject: RE: Animated Shorts Posted: 07 Aug 2008 - 01:43 ET

In trying to bring the energy of classic 2D animation into a 3D world, a French team of animators bring a short tale about an alien shutterbug learning one should be careful that the locals don't go ape on you. A 16.5 meg, 1 minute, 48 second short.

Burning Safari
Roadstripe

Subject: RE: Animated Shorts Posted: 07 Aug 2008 - 19:47 ET

It's fly versus samurai in this animated short inspired by Asian philosophy. It's 16.3 megs and 2 minutes 44 seconds.

The Fly
Roadstripe

Subject: RE: Animated Shorts Posted: 08 Aug 2008 - 22:21 ET

Even airplane pilots like to drag race. This 84.3 meg, 2 minute, 24 second commercial for the X-box is an impressive bit of CG. Except for the people and closeups of the interior of one of the cockpits, it's just about entirely CG.

For those of you still stuck with dial-up like I am, I would recommend using a download manager of some sort so you can pause and continue downloading at a later time. Personally, I use the free Orbit Downloader.

Racing Beats
Roadstripe

Subject: RE: Animated Shorts Posted: 10 Aug 2008 - 18:17 ET

Here's a fake commercial combining advertising with elements of WWI (not WWII as mentioned in the linked page's blurb). (Note: Kaiser Wilhelm II (pronounced VIL-helm) ruled the German Empire from 1888 to the end of WWI. The Luftwaffe is the German air force.)

Luftwaffles
Roadstripe

Subject: RE: Animated Shorts Posted: 12 Aug 2008 - 00:57 ET

See the opening sequence from 2008's International Trickfilm Festival in which a singer has a frog in her throat. This animated short is 18.7 meg, 1 minute and 17 seconds.

Frog in the Throat
Roadstripe

Subject: RE: Animated Shorts Posted: 13 Aug 2008 - 00:24 ET

What if the Nazis developed a giant robot during World War II and sent it to the US? Watch as the Nazi mech dukes it out with American fighter planes and a C.O.D.E. Guardian. This all CG mini-movie is 157 meg and 13 minutes, 34 seconds.

There are instances of strong language in this short movie. I would rate this movie PG-13 for occasional strong language and fantasy violence. If you don't use IE as a browser, you may have trouble properly displaying the page (AOL seems to work fine).

Warning #1: If you live in Germany or other country that outlaws displays of the Nazi swastika, downloading this animation is probably illegal.

Warning #2: Because of the size of this file (157 megabytes), you will need a download manager such as Orbit, especially if you are stuck on dial-up (it took me over 12 hours to download it; worse, I had to restart Orbit roughly every 2 hours due to problems connecting to the site; I think it was worth it, however). Best of luck.

As a bonus, also available are an animated short with what appears to be a partly robotic dinosaur ("The Hunt") and a propagandistic commercial for the Empire in the Star Wars universe ("Join the Empire").

Download "C.O.D.E. Guardian" here.

Page 1 of 3 :: Viewing 1-10 of 23 1 2 3

Forum IndexCommunityShameless Plugs
Animated Shorts

Forum Key
No New Posts New Posts
Hot Topic! Hot Topic w/ New Posts
Locked Topic