Update Profile · Private Messages · Manage Watched Threads

Forum IndexSite FeedbackBug Reports
spammer

Page 7 of 7 :: Viewing 61-70 of 70 4 5 6 7

BadKarma

BadKarma

Total Posts: 548
Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 24 Mar 2018 - 20:36 ET

Hey guys. I'm truly sorry you all are experiencing this. It's utterly frustrating for me, too. I've put some security in place against it, and they keep finding ways around it. I'm going to make some additional changes, probably tonight. And I'm going to see if I can add in a delete comment feature, too.

-- BK

My Side 7 Gallery | Personal Site
Zentron

Zentron

Total Posts: 42
Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 25 Mar 2018 - 23:46 ET

A 'Delete Comment' feature would be a welcome addition, preferably in the Image Management area, as the messages themselves in the gallery view kinda make the browser flip out and blocks the page from displaying. So a 'Delete Comment' or 'Manage Comments' feature would be very very useful!
BadKarma

BadKarma

Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 26 Mar 2018 - 16:36 ET

Zentron wrote:
A 'Delete Comment' feature would be a welcome addition, preferably in the Image Management area, as the messages themselves in the gallery view kinda make the browser flip out and blocks the page from displaying. So a 'Delete Comment' or 'Manage Comments' feature would be very very useful!

Working on that right now.

-- BK

Zentron

Zentron

Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 26 Mar 2018 - 20:54 ET

Excellent! As another 8 spam posts have just appeared on one of my recent pics, I need to clean house of these adverts!
BadKarma

BadKarma

Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 27 Mar 2018 - 22:35 ET

The comment delete tool is in place. You will find it under gallery management. Let me know if there are problems.

-- BK

test

Total Posts: 1
Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 28 Mar 2018 - 00:06 ET

I've also done a bunch of cleanup in the database of spammer entries. If you find more, please post their usernames to this thread.
BadKarma

BadKarma

Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 28 Mar 2018 - 00:07 ET

test wrote:
I've also done a bunch of cleanup in the database of spammer entries. If you find more, please post their usernames to this thread.

Whoops. That was me.

-- BK

Zentron

Zentron

Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 28 Mar 2018 - 22:04 ET

Just seen how spam free the comments are, thank you very much! Also the Manage Image Comments feature is going to come in very handy if those spam bots dare show their badly written html faces again!
BadKarma

BadKarma

Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 29 Mar 2018 - 19:04 ET

Zentron wrote:
Just seen how spam free the comments are, thank you very much! Also the Manage Image Comments feature is going to come in very handy if those spam bots dare show their badly written html faces again!

You're more than welcome. Amazingly, though, it's accounts that are getting not only signing up, but also getting confirmed, so they're fully active accounts. Not sure if the account info is then being configured into bots (which would seem to make the most sense).

But, that means I'll likely be adding CAPTCHA to comment submissions, whether you're signed in or not.

Zentron

Zentron

Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 20 Apr 2018 - 20:24 ET

Lol, a little late, but I saw your test comment on my pic! I have have deleted it as per request, and can say the feature works nicely

Page 7 of 7 :: Viewing 61-70 of 70 4 5 6 7

Forum IndexSite FeedbackBug Reports
spammer

Forum Key
No New Posts New Posts
Hot Topic! Hot Topic w/ New Posts
Locked Topic