Forum IndexSite FeedbackBug Reports
spammer

Page 1 of 6 :: Viewing 1-10 of 57 1 2 3 4

Unregistered User

Total Posts: 1188
Subject: spammer Posted: 17 Sep 2011 - 06:44 ET

I know this is not a bug but I wasn't sure where else to put it
I have been getting spam comments from a user named apinderbara
when I checked the profile, the account was banned, but still I got a comment again from the same user a few seconds ago
BadKarma

File could not be found or doesn't exist.

Total Posts: 540
Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 17 Sep 2011 - 09:38 ET

Thanks for the head's up. I thought I had plugged that hole, but apparently not.

On the up-side, apparently we've grown big enough to attract spammers. I guess that's a good milestone?

-- BK

My Side 7 Gallery | Personal Site
BadKarma

Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 17 Sep 2011 - 09:46 ET

I have a new patch in place to try to prevent this kind of abuse. Please keep me up to date.

-- BK

Unregistered User

Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 19 Sep 2011 - 00:29 ET

BadKarma wrote:
Thanks for the head's up. I thought I had plugged that hole, but apparently not.

On the up-side, apparently we've grown big enough to attract spammers. I guess that's a good milestone?

-- BK

lol if you look at it this way,

also another small problem I noticed,
there was a new post by you, but it didnt have the green notification thingy on the main forum

BadKarma

Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 19 Sep 2011 - 11:50 ET

posesimo wrote:
lol if you look at it this way,

also another small problem I noticed,
there was a new post by you, but it didnt have the green notification thingy on the main forum

Interesting. I cannot re-create that problem, but I'll keep my eyes open for it. There's a major update to the site coming, which will include large rewrites of a lot of site code and features. So, I'll review the status icon code.

-- BK

Unregistered User

Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 20 Sep 2011 - 00:56 ET

It has been happening for some time
for example, I only knew there was a new post here because I checked on the last poster
BadKarma

Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 20 Sep 2011 - 12:50 ET

Okay. I'll definitely keep an eye on things, then. I've not seen what you're seeing, but that doesn't mean it's not happening.

-- BK

Weasel_Silver24

Total Posts: 57
Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 19 Oct 2011 - 10:53 ET

Uh-oh! I'm not sure, but you maybe having a spammer known as "jweelzaidi08" in "Announcements & Events" Forum. I just noticed it when came on here, yapping about sports. Looks like there's spammer problem here.
BadKarma

Subject: RE: spammer Posted: 19 Oct 2011 - 12:39 ET

Yep. Thank you for the head's up and vigilance. This one I was aware of and have been fighting for 3 days, trying to find the security hole. I think I might have found it and plugged it. We'll see come tomorrow. They've been posting every day for the past 3-4 days in the morning. I've just been deleting the posts.

The account has been disabled, but was still able to post to the forums.

-- BK

VioletWhirlwind

Total Posts: 3
Subject: re: spam Posted: 20 Oct 2012 - 17:42 ET

I have this problem as well.

I sent a report, but it didn't go through ("Contact Us e-mail could not be sent. The administrative staff has been notified.")

report message:

"I got spammed with private comments advertising unrelated things on my two newest submissions, 14-15 comments on each, all from the same member, and I can't even block them (it's greyed out) or get rid of the comments. "

spammer: iegravoisvalli

trying to sell watches, wedding dresses, and...male enhancement, I think. The watches and wedding dresses I might be able to tollerate, but not the other one. Please, this bothers me greatly. I don't want to leave, but if I have to look at 15 spam messages every time I click on my art, it's not worth it.

Page 1 of 6 :: Viewing 1-10 of 57 1 2 3 4

Forum IndexSite FeedbackBug Reports
spammer

Forum Key
No New Posts New Posts
Hot Topic! Hot Topic w/ New Posts
Locked Topic